Getting a Dressed and Educated girl's man a gift can be a little bit of a challenge. Here is my number one rule for gifting to men, as much as you would love to, don't buy them clothes as their main gift.
Dressed and Educated girl's men are independent, and headstrong. Therefore, dressing them up for Christmas or their birthdays, is actually more of a gift for you then them. Also, buying that violet Lacoste polo or those designer jeans you think they will look good in, is probably going to get you animosity at the happiest time of the year.
So how about this season you get them what they really want and maybe they won't buy you a practical gift like a vacuum or kitchen supplies for Christmas.
(Note to men: DO NOT BUY HER ANYTHING PRACTICAL, BAD NEWS BEARS)
1. Band of Brothers DVD - $47.99 : Check his DVDs first, because most likely he already has it. But if he doesn't, you're in luck. This HBO series about Easy Company soldiers during WWII features the likes of Ron Livingston (Sex and the City's Berger), Damian Lewis (Homeland) and David Schwimmer (Friends) . It's a great story about true heroes, brotherhood, and survival. It can be picked up here. If he does have it, try The Pacific or Generation Kill.
2. 3 in 1 Whiskey Compartment Flask - 24.99 : Real men drink whiskey, and some of them like to go out with all three. This unique flask set allows you to carry "the three wisemen" with you where every you go! 3 Separate flasks screw together to make one large hip flask with three separate compartments which are individually labeled "Jack" for Jack Daniels, "Johnnie" for Johnnie Walker & "Jim" for Jim Beam. You can carry all the whiskey fellas with you right in one compact, easy to carry flask! Each flask section is made of stainless steel and holds 3 oz. of hooch for a total of 9oz! The back of the flasks are contoured for comfort in your front pocket. Now you can carry your favorite Scotch, Bourbon & Kentucky Mash right in your pocket. The flasks can be used independently or can be screwed together to hold up to 9 oz of your favorite whiskey. Pick it up here.
3. Palladium 'Pampa' Tactical Boot - $110 : While working one of my PR internships in NYC, I had the pleasure of working with Palladium shoes and fell in love with this concept of this boot for men. Palladium is brand that originally started as a tire company in France. During WWII Palladium made the tires for the planes. After WWII, with aircraft manufacturing screeching to a halt, the demand for tires decreased dramatically. Palladium decided to open a plant in Pont De Cheruy, France, to start producing footwear that was as hard wearing as their tires. In 1947 the legendary Pampa boot was born, and the functionality, comfort and durability were so outstanding that the French Foreign Legion adopted it for their use. The Foreign Legion put the boot to the test in the harsh desert conditions of North Africa, and throughout the rugged terrain of the Atlas Mountains. Pick him up this kick-butt boot here.
4. Hells Angels Book - $15 : Every man needs to explore his wild side. I'd prefer he explored it in a book, then in person. So why don't you get him a crazy Hunter S. Thompson book to read like Hell's Angels and maybe he'll live vicariously through the characters instead of doing his own exploring himself.
5. Sky Mall's 5-liter Beer Keg With Tap -$400 : You know he loves Sky Mall, and you know he loves beer. Why don't you be that awesome girlfriend and pick this up here? I mean you really can't go wrong.
6. Prada 'Keyhole' Aviator Sunglasses - $275 :You aren't quite sure why, but he has more sunglasses than you and he keeps buying more. I'm not sure what it is with men and their sunglasses but they love them. What they love most, is feeling all "Top Gun" in their aviators or something. Pick up some stylish updated aviators from Prada here, and feel fulfilled that you bought something stylish.
7. Moonshine Clear Corn Whiskey- $85: Like I said before, real men drink whiskey and who doesn't love prohibition era throwbacks. The Original MOONSHINE® Clear Corn Whiskey is hand-crafted from 100% estate-grown corn and distilled four times in a Prohibition-era copper pot still – in the same authentic tradition that moonshine has been made for hundreds of years.At 80 proof, their all-natural, gluten-free proprietary recipe is charcoal-filtered for the highest purity, quality and taste. Pick it up here.
8. Burberry Vintage Check Boxer Brief - $45 : Like I said, never get men clothing as their main gift, but you can totally add these sexy Burberry boxers as an extra. Let's face it, he probably could use more undergarments, so why not make him Mark Wahlberg-y when he wears them Pick up these cute undergarments that make you want to take his pants off here.
9. Son's of Anarchy Navy SAMCRO Sweatshirt - $50 : If he watches it, you know there is only a matter of time before he starts announcing he's buying a motorcycle and calling you "his old lady". Why not let him play dress up as Jax with his own SAMCRO sweatshirt by picking it up here.