For the hollandaise sauce:
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
6 large egg yolks
1/2 cup boiling water
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Pinch black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon sriracha sauce, or to taste
For the eggs benedict:
2 eggs, poached
2 English muffins, split, toasted and buttered
1 avocado, thinly sliced
1 large tomato, thinly sliced
1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (or whatever cheese you like)
For garnish: Sea salt, green onions, black pepper
1. For the hollandaise sauce: In a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water set on medium heat, whisk the butter and egg yolks together until smooth.
2. Slowly, add the 1/2 cup boiling water to the mixture, whisking constantly. (You do not want the eggs to cook).
3. Whisking constantly, heat the mixture until it is thickened and reads 160 degrees on your instant-read thermometer. (It took mine about 10 minutes or so).
4. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
5. Gently whisk in the lemon juice, black pepper, garlic salt, sea salt, and sriracha. Serve warm.
6. To assemble the Eggs Benedict: Place the cheese on top of the toasted English muffin. Top with tomato, avocado, and poached egg. Lightly drizzle the hollandaise sauce over top. Garnish with fresh chives, salt, and pepper, if using.